Permits Section FAQs
1. Why & for which type of projects EHS-NOC for BP (Building Permit) is required?
All development within the jurisdiction of Dubai World/PCFC necessitates approval for the plans, designs, Construction, Infrastructure works, modifications, alteration, addition, extension, Shop Fit-outs, Machinery Installation and Racking Installation prior to start of construction activities. This also enables the developer to obtain the necessary Building Permit from Civil Engineering Department (CED). First it is required to obtain the EHS-NOC from EHS which is a pre requisite for the issuance of the CED Building Permit.
2. What is the procedure for obtaining EHS-NOC for BP (Building Permit) for Construction of Industrial, Commercial & Residential Buildings?
You may submit the application (drawings) as per the EHS-NOC for BP (EHS-IOP 3) procedure at EHS main office located near JAFZA Gate # 3, back side of Fire station/LOB 1.
3. What is the procedure and what are the documents required for obtaining EHS-NOC for Fit-outs works in my retail outlet/office and minor modifications at villa?
You may apply & submit the application (drawings) as per EHS-NOC for Minor modifications/Retail outlet/Fit out (EHS-IOP 3A) at EHS main office located near JAFZA Gate # 3, back side of Fire station/LOB 1, between 0730 hours to 1400 hours.
4. Can I apply/submit the hard copies of drawings?
No, EHS is paper less department; therefore hard copies are not accepted. All drawings/documents are required to be submitted in Soft Copy (on 2 set of CD’s in PDF Format)
5. Can I apply/submit the drawings online?
No, at the moment the system is not developed for accepting drawings on line. However, this is in plan and whenever it is implemented, the same will be updated on our website. At this stage consultant / contractor / client are required to submit their proposal in soft copy 2 CD’s at EHS main office during normal working days (i.e. Sunday to Thursday) in between 0730 to 1400 hours.
6. How & whom I can contact to follow up my submission/application?
Upon proper submission of your documents, EHS Document Controller will give you unique reference number for your submission, which can be referred for further correspondence with the EHS Document Controller (on telephone 04-8068803) to know / tracking of your application / submission status.
7. How much fee is required to pay to EHS for obtaining EHS NOC for BP?
EHS Appraisal Fee @ of 3/- AED per square meter for Total Built Up Area is required to be paid at the cash section of EHS Department for obtaining EHS-NOC for BP. However, the minimum EHS appraisal fee is AED 500/- is required to be paid before submission of application as per the applicable procedure.
8. Where should I pay the EHS Appraisal Fee and is it accepted in cash or cheque?
EHS appraisal fees can be paid in Cash or Cheque to Cashier at EHS main office during normal working days (i.e. Sunday to Thursday) in between 7.30 8.00 to 14.30 hrs. There is no maximum limit for cash payment. However, the minimum amount for Cheque is AED 500/-.
9. What is the procedure and what are the documents required for obtaining EHS-NOC for temporary site office?
For obtaining approval for temporary site office/port-a-cabins covering more than 200 sq m area, the Consultant/contractor may apply/submit their proposal as per the EHS-NOC for BP(EHS-IOP 3) at EHS main office located near JAFZA Gate # 3, back side of Fire station/LOB 1, between 0730 hours to 1400 hours.
10. Where EHS Office is located and how can I reach at EHS office?
EHS Office is located at Jebel Ali Free Zone (near Main Gate No. 3, behind Fire Station & LOB 1. The location map of EHS office is attached. Contact numbers are 04-8068801 & 04-8068803.
11. What is EHS normal response time for drawing review submission?
EHS response time is a maximum 5 working days.
12. Is the EHS-NOC for BP submissions accepted at any other location than EHS main office?
Yes, the submissions for fit-out works in Retail outlet/office and minor modification can be submitted at EHS Dragon mart office between 0730 hours to 1400 hours.
13. How do I get the EHS-NOC & the stamped drawings?
The concerned EHS officer sends the EHS-NOC along with the stamped drawings through E-mail on the submitted E-mail address with the application with in the stipulated time.
14. Is there a possibility of rejection of the submission?
Yes, the submission is rejected in following conditions:
a) If the proposal is not from the EHS/Dubai World area of jurisdiction.
b) If the submission is incomplete & not as per the requirements of the EHS-NOC BP procedure for (EHS-IOP 3 & 3A)
c) If the submission is not legible (Specially the submitted drawings) & the reviewing of it becomes impossible.
d) If there is no payment receipt attached with submission and no payment made for the proposed submission.